Our Inspection Services
Comprehensive building inspections and reports – 24 hr turnaround!
Building and pest inspection reports are a vital part of buying a home. Buildings can look good on the surface, but appearances are sometimes only skin deep.
Getting a professional inspection and report offers numerous benefits, including:
- Identifying damage before it gets worse
- More accurately understanding the value of the property
- Knowing what problem areas to look out for in future
- Being better informed means having better bargaining power
We’re more thorough than most. While other inspection services will come round and do a quick once-over, we limit the number of appointments we take so we can be sure to cover every last corner of your home in fastidious detail.
At Toowoomba House Inspections, we do it all. You’re welcome to meet us on-site for the inspection, or you can simply sit back and wait for your report – delivered within 24 hours!
Building Inspection $245 Flat Rate
Add Pest Inspection + $185
These prices are for in Toowoomba and slightly higher for outside of Toowoomba.
Building and Pest Inspection checklist
At Toowoomba House Inspections, our inspections and reports cover all areas of a home – inside and out.
Here’s an example of what we look out for.
- Doors and openings
- Stairs and hand rails
- Wall, ceiling and floor surfaces
- Built-in robes, vanities and cupboards
- Bathrooms and other tiled areas
- Brickwork, rendering and claddings
- Retaining walls
- Decks, patios and pergolas
- Gates and fencing
- Carports, garages and tie-downs
- Steps, paths and driveways
Roof Interior and Exterior
- Roof frame
- Skylights and ventilation systems
- Roof sheeting, pointing and/or tiles
- Roof cavity, including rafters
- Gutters and downpipes
- Stumps (dry or wet rot)
- Concrete slabs
- Soil surface and drainage
Plumbing and Electrical
- Water pressure
- Mains connection and waste pipes
- Kitchen, bathroom and laundry plumbing
- External drainage and run-off
- Fuse box and safety switch
- Wiring (black wiring)
- Lights and outlets
- Covers all accessible internal and external areas up to 50m
- Check for anti-pest treatments
- Visual and thermal-imaging check for signs of pest presence
- Check for pest damage or areas conducive to pest infestation (moisture meter)
- Inspect existing ant caps or anti-termite measures
Advice and Referrals
- Clear advice in plain English about how best to remedy any issues
- Referrals to trusted trade specialists who can fix even the most complex of problems